With the new implementation of Disney Genie and Disney Genie+, guests can expect to utilize their phones more than ever at Walt Disney World.
Not only will you be snapping family photos, but you’ll also be using the My Disney Experience app to book your Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane selections, review your Disney Genie optimized recommendations, reserve dining and mobile order, check the park map, and so much more.
All of this phone usage will undoubtedly result in a battery that is drained by midday. I know when I’m at the parks capturing and sharing content, I burn through my phone’s battery multiple times in the day.
I highly recommend you bring some kind of portable power bank / charger with you on your vacation.
This post contains affiliate links which means I earn a very small commission on your purchase at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting BRB! 🙂
There are so many different power bank options to choose from nowadays; I have a few different ones that I like to use and bring to the parks. I’ll link those for your here (or click any photo to be taken directly to the product).
Of the three options above that I use at the parks, I think the average vacationer would really benefit from the FuelRod system.
Not only are the FuelRods lightweight, you can purchase them before your trip for a fraction of the cost at the parks.
The major benefit to FuelRod (vs the other portable chargers) is that you can swap your drained FuelRod for a freshly charged one at any of the FuelRod kiosks throughout the Walt Disney World parks and resorts.
The best part about FuelRod is the swaps are FREE on Disney property!
FuelRod Locations at Walt Disney World (Updated 2024)
- Curtain Call Collectibles
- Main Street, USA
- Tomorrowland Launch Depot
- near Tron entrance
- Merchant of Venus
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Storybook Circus
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Adventureland Bathroom Breezeway
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 4th Floor
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Convention Center – South Foyer
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Gateway Gifts
- Shop under Spaceship Earth
- Mission: SPACE
- Shop at ride exit
- Test Track
- Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Shop at ride exit
- The Land
- Journey into Imagination with Figment ride exit
- World Traveler
- Shop as you enter World Showcase
- Disney Traders
- Shop at International Gateway
EPCOT Resort Area
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Dundy’s Sundries
- The Dino Institute Shop
- Dinosaur ride exit
- Island Mercantile
- Discovery Island
- Discovery Trading Company
- Discovery Island
- Serka Zong Bazaar
- Expedition Everest ride exit
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch
Animal Kingdom Resort Area
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- near Phone Bank
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- near El Paso
- near Pepper Market
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Game Point Arcade
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Note’able Games Arcade
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Reel Fun Arcade
- Rock Around the Shop
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster ride exit
- Tower of Terror
- kiosk at ride exit
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Hollywood Boulevard
- kiosk inside restaurant
- Pixar Place Restrooms
- Frozen Fractal Gifts
- shop next to Vacation Fun theatre
- next to Coca-Cola Store
- Disney Springs Welcome Center
- next to Zara
- Disney PhotoPass Studio
- next to Marketplace Co-Op
Disney Springs Resort Area
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Wide World of Sports Resort Area
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Pixel Play Arcade
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Fast Forward Arcade
The easiest way to find the FuelRod kiosks while you’re out and about at the park is to search “Fuelrod” in the My Disney Experience app.
Click on “Portable Phone Charging System Kiosks” and you will be able to view the kiosk locations on the map and find the one that is closest to you.
I hope this information is helpful!